Integrating your Paypal Account with AppointmentPlus
Do you offer Services to Customers for which they need to pay? Do you want to offer your Customers the convenience of making a payment through Paypal at the time they schedule their Appointment?
In this article, we'll review the steps needed to configure your account to connect your AppointmentPlus scheduling account with Paypal.
You will need to upgrade your Paypal Account to a business account. It doesn’t cost anything. But, when you sell goods or services, there is a fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents US. All of your transactions would be protected from chargebacks too.
NOTE: If you have trouble with locating your Identity Token or have any Paypal related questions, please call Paypal at 1-855-456-1330
Here are the steps to upgrade to a Paypal Business Account and set up the integration with your AppointmentPlus Scheduler: AppointmentPlus
- Log into your Paypal Account
- On the right side, under Seller Tools, click on Upgrade to a Business Account.
- Follow the steps that it walks you through.
- In the upper right corner, click the green icon next to your name and go to Account Settings.
- On the lower left, under Products & Services, click on Website Payments.
- In the center of the page where you see Website Preferences, click on
- Scroll down to the Auto Return Section and set the Auto Return to
- Enter – Your AppointmentPlus Customer View URL into the box that appears, then click (
- Scroll down to the Payment data transfer section and select
- You will now see your Identity Token
- **Copy the entire code and paste it somewhere safe for later use.
- Scroll down to the Express Checkout Settings. You can decide what you would like to select here.
NOTE: PayPal checks the Return URL that you enter. If the URL is not properly formatted or cannot be validated, PayPal will not activate Auto Return.
If the customer pays via Credit Card, once the payment is completed the customer must click on the "Return to merchant" link to finalize the appointment.
NOTE: Upon clicking the Continue button, your customer will be redirected from the PayPal payment page to your customer view page.
If you would like all your customers to be automatically redirected, the PayPal setting Account Optional should be set to Off. (This setting requires all your customers to have a PayPal account)
Setting Up PayPal for Customer Payments in AppointmentPlus
Log in to your account for the AppointmentPlus scheduling system and follow these steps to allow Customers to select Paypal as an option from the Customer View Classic application:
- Click the Settings tab in the upper right corner.
- On the left, under Preferences, click on Customer Payments.
- Go to the 2nd section called APPOINTMENTS: Payments for appointments on the front end.
- Select the Paypal button.
- In the Login field, enter your Paypal Login (this should be an email address).
- Leave the Password field empty.
- In the Tran Key field, paste in the long Identity Token that you saved (step 12 above) for later use
- For the next setting, choose:
- No to require every Customer to pay while scheduling.
- Yes to allow the Customer to choose if they want to pay now or at the time of service.
- If the Customer chooses Pay at the time of service, the Appointment will be scheduled without requiring payment.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Update.
Response, Receipt, or Return URLs
To ensure your Paypal and AppointmentPlus integration is working successfully, you may need to update your gateway account to include the proper return URL. This URL is used by the gateway in order to return the Customer back to the AppointmentPlus system is properly processed.
To configure the Return URL for Customer Payments in the AppointmentPlus system, you will put together the base URL for your Customer View (example https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/) and then append the following return path:
- PayPal: ap/ap_api/paypal_return.php
Log in to your gateway account, locate the Response/Receipt URL page, and enter URLs into the available fields. You can have multiple response URLs associated with your gateway account. The above links are example URLs. Based on where your account is located in the system, you may see a variation of these URLs.
Now that you have completed the setup for offering Paypal as a payment option, you may choose to test the new setup. To do so, you can complete these additional steps. However, they are not required.
- Click on the Services tab at the top and change the price of one of your services to $1.00 or any small amount. (Be sure to change the cost back after testing.)
- Go to your Customer view URL and try to schedule and pay via Paypal
- If you have issues, please open a Support Ticket with our Support Department for assistance