You may be wondering how your Customers found out about your business. Within your DaySmart Appointments account, you can set up a way to capture referral information when a Customer creates their profile.
In this article, we'll review how you define your list of referral sources or turn on an input field for Customer profiles.
The following information is applicable to users with the Headquarters Administrator access type.
Defining the List of Lead Types
If you want to start collecting referral information, you should first define the list of Lead Types. To review the list of default values and, if needed, update or add to the list:
- Log in to your DaySmart Appointments NextGen account.
- Click Customers.
- Click Lead Types.
On this page, you will see the default values available in your account. To create a new type, click Create New. On the new page, enter the name and click Create. After it is created, you'll return to view all the available types in your account. You can also adjust the display sort order for each type by entering in a numeric value in the item's Sort field. Tab or click out of that field to save the change. The list will automatically update to display the items based on the new sort values.
If you wish to change the name of an existing type, click on the type's name. On the next page, enter in a new type name and then click Save.
To remove any of the items from the list, select the item(s) and click Delete.
Enabling the Heard Via? Field
Now that you have defined your list, you'll want to review the settings for this input field.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Input Field Settings.
Locate the row for leadTypeId, with the display name of Heard via and review the field settings. You can change the display name and, optionally, enter any information in the Tooltip Help Text field.
- If you want to allow Customers to select from this field when they create their own profile, change the value under Registration to either Optional or Required.
- If you want your employees to set this field when they are creating new Customers in your account, change the value under Customers to either Optional or Required.
- Alternately, you may not want your employees to be able to edit this data for a Customer, so you would instead choose View Only.
- If you want your employees to set this field when they are entering Customer information into the form during the Appointment-booking process, change the value under Appointments to either Optional or Required.
When you have finalized the settings of this field, click Save Changes.
Article published April 16, 2021
Supports both Single and Multiple Appointment versions - Available on all pricing tiers