The DaySmart Appointments scheduling system can be configured to allow availability exceptions within your schedule. When added to a Staff Members Profile, a Schedule Exception will override any existing Schedule or Schedule Template. Applicable to specific dates, Schedule Exceptions act as a replacement of your current Appointment availability.
Note: Single Appointments per Time Slot will only allow one exception per date. Multiple Appointments per Time Slot will allow for multiple exceptions per date.
When could you use exceptions?
- You have a particular day in your schedule when you only need the morning or evening available. Instead of adding several reserves, creating an exception can be easier and more effective
- You need to allow some availability on a day off. Scheduling Exceptions will allow you to create availability for Staff Members who are marked as “off” on their schedule
- You need to extend your normal day. Normally you work an 8-12 schedule but there is a day you work 8-5. Exceptions allow you update your normal workday to accommodate a possible extension.
- Your current Multiple Appointments per Time Slow schedule allows 2 spots per slot, but you hired temporary staff that could adjust the availability to 4 spots. Using Schedule exceptions will allow you to modify those days’ by adding in exceptions with a larger number of time slots.
- You have business that is only open on specific dates. Using your Staff Members Schedules and Schedule Exceptions, you can configure them to only allow scheduling on your exception dates.
Note: You cannot create exceptions on days when the Location is Closed.
Below you’ll see some examples for both MAPTS and SAPTS accounts. You see one image is their normal schedule, the other is the same week with exceptions added, therefore overriding their exiting schedule on that day.
Single Appointment per Time Slot
Schedule with Exceptions added on Tuesday and Thursday of this specific week:
Multiple Appointments per Time Slot
Schedule with Exceptions added on Tuesday: