As you are setting up your Appointment booking account, you should review and customize the details that you will capture and save for your Appointments. In this article, we'll discuss the configuration options.
Your scheduling account can be customized in order to collect important details for your Appointments. Customization of the fields displayed and/or required to be filled out for new Appointments is made through the Preferences > Input Field Settings page. Once on this page, click Appointments so you can review the field settings.
In addition to personalizing the information you collect, you can also control which users can edit data associated with Appointments. For example, you may need your Staff Members to set a field for office use only, while Customers set different details. Following is information on how you can customize or restrict fields from being editable by your Customers.
Field Display Settings
A Headquarters or Location Administrator may modify the display and name preferences for the Appointment detail fields. When viewing the Preferences > Input Field Settings page for Appointments, you'll see a series of text and dropdown fields that define if the field is viewable, editable, or required. Additionally, you can modify the label associated with each field to help your users understand the information to enter into or select from each field.
There are two areas of the system you can modify independently:
- Registration: The settings in this column will define what the Customer will see and/or be prompted to complete in order to complete their Appointment using the Customer View booking application.
- Appointments: The settings in this column identify the detail fields that will display on the Appointment section of the Make Appointment Window, which you open either from the calendar or the Customer's history.
For each of the areas, you'll want to understand the difference between the display preferences:
- By choosing this option for any Field in any of the three areas, the field will not be displayed to the user.
- To require that a field contain information, choose this setting for any of the three areas. The user will not be able to create a profile or book an Appointment without first entering information in any required fields.
- In order to collect optional information (which doesn't prevent an Appointment from being created), you should choose this setting. The field will display and the user will be able to enter information, but empty fields will not impact the completion of any action.
- View Only
- You may decide that some information should be available to read, but not be edited by a specific user. By choosing this option, any information that exists for this field for the specific Customer will be readable but not editable.
Once you have determined the display settings, you can also choose to customize how the field is presented to users. You can further personalize the Customer profile by editing the Display Name, add help text to any field or change the order in which the fields display.
- Sort: The display order of the available fields. The system defaults for these values may be changed if you want to prompt the user to complete information in a different order.
- Display Name: The label for the given field that will be visible to Customers, administrators, or Staff Members. The system default label is already displayed in this field, but you can personalize it for your users.
- Tooltip Help Text: Optional information can be added to help users understand how to complete a form field. When you have saved information in the tooltip field, the blue question mark () will display with that field. When a user hovers over this question mark, they will read the help text you entered and saved.
NOTE: These configurations do not impact the saving of data, only the visual presentation of the data.
Field Information in Other Languages
You may have users or administrators of your system that have a preference for display language. With support for multiple languages, you may need to enter information into the Display Name or Tool Tip fields for the other available languages.
On the Appointments page, a dropdown field for Language is available. The default selection for this field is English. Any field in the English language that contains information for the Appointment field will display here. If fields in English are blank, you may set names or help text. Save any changes or, upon switching languages, you'll be prompted to Save and Switch.
To select a different Language, click on English, and choose another language option. The page will update to display the field list in the selected language. The fields will initially display with the English information, but you may edit the Display Name and/or Tooltip Help Text fields for the new language.
When you have completed entering information for the current language, Save changes.
Repeat this process for additional languages as needed for this user.
Article published September 3, 2020
Supports Single and Multiple Appointments versions - Available on all pricing tiers