The Dock is the resource that will service the appointment. It is what dictates your availability and schedule.
Note: You might hear/see a dock referred to as a "Staff Member" or "Employee" for legacy reasons. This is also the way you can add a new user.
Before creating a Dock, it is important to think about when certain docks are available and how you want to customize their schedules.
Here are a few common examples we see our clients use to determine schedule availability:
- Dock #1, Dock #2, Dock #3, etc.
How to Create a Dock:
1) Go to: Docks > Add New Dock
2) Enter the Dock's Screen Name. This is the only required field under the "General Info" section.
3) Set the Status to 'Active'. This ensures that the dock is available to accept appointments.
4) Set 'Allow Carriers to See' to 'yes'. This ensures that the dock is visible to your carriers when scheduling an appointment through Opendock.
5) Set 'Dock Type' to 'Dock'.
6) Schedule: Select the Dock's normal start and end times for each day of the week.
7) Load Types: Assign the Load Types that the dock is able to service and which days they are available.
8) Days Off: Select the dock's preplanned annual days (i.e. holidays).
9) Click the "Add" button at the bottom.
How to Deactivate a Dock:
Warning: To ensure data integrity, it is not recommended to delete a Dock after there are appointments associated with it. Instead of deleting the Dock, we recommend deactivating it. Be sure to always make additive, not invasive, changes to your account.
1) Go to: Docks
2) Click on the Dock's Name
3) Keep the Dock's Status 'Active'. This ensures that any future appointments with this dock are still valid and editable.
4) Set 'Allow Carriers to See' to 'no'. This ensures that the dock is no longer visible to your carriers when scheduling an appointment through Opendock. Click "update" to save your changes.
5) Go to Schedule on the left menu and mark all of the days to "off" so the dock no longer receives any more appointments. Click "update" to save your changes.
6) Go to Load Types Offered on the left menu and deselect all of the load types offered. Click "update" to save your changes.
Test your changes!
Note: Always test your changes by clicking the "Carrier View" button on the top right corner of the page and clicking "Preview It!". This will allow you to see what the carriers will see when they book an appointment with your warehouse.