- Last Updated: 4/16/20
- Pricing Tier: Silver & above
- Appointment Version: Single & Multiple
The Appointment Action Links plugin is a supplemental feature that works in conjunction with the Customer View Nextgen application. When this plugin is activated in an account, Customers will be allowed to confirm, cancel, and reschedule their Appointments through a link in their email notifications. If you are interested in learning more about this feature, please submit a Support ticket.
Note: Action Links are sent out using plain text emails, therefore, the links might not show as clickable links for Customers if automatic hyperlinking has been disabled. Your Customers will need to check the settings of their email client if the links in their emails are not clickable.
How It Works
How to Enable the Appointment Action Links plugin
Note: If the plugin is already enabled in your account, please continue to next section to configure your links.
- Visit The Marketplace.
- Select the Appointments section.
- Locate Appointment Email Action Links
How to Configure the Action Links
Once the plugin is enabled, you'll leave the Marketplace section. The rest of the setup is completed in the same place as other account setup.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Access the Notifications section.
- Locate and adjust the Appointment Action Link Settings as shown below.
You can specify the following settings for the Action Links:
Show the Action Link
Set this to "Yes" or "No" to enable/disable the link.
Show the 'Confirm My Appointment' link
Set this to "Yes" if you would like to give your customers the option to confirm their Appointment and change the status of their Appointment in the system.
Set the Link Text
Description info: Enter the text that the Customer will read. This will hide the full hyperlink address and instead display the text as a clickable link. Leaving this blank will just display the full hyperlink address in the email.
NOTE: Other Action Link settings do not apply when used with the Customer View NextGen application.
Which Emails Will Contain Action Links?
When the Show the Action Link setting is enabled, the text and/or link will be added to the following notifications, if they are active in your account:
- Appointment Confirmation email
- Appointment Change email
- Appointment Reminder email
To remove it for all of these emails, simply change the setting from Yes to No.
Customer Use of the Email Action Links
Once the above configuration changes are completed, any future email sent to Customers will include the link within the designated emails.
Here's an example of one of the emails:
When Customers click on the link provided in their e-mail, they will be asked to Log In to their account. After logging in, the system will retrieve the Appointment information and display the action options that can be executed for the Appointment.
From this page they can:
- View the details of their Appointment.
- Confirm their Appointment. This will change the status of their Appointment from "Scheduled" to "Confirmed")
- Reschedule their Appointment. The Customer will be able to select a new date and time for their Appointment without first canceling and creating a new Appointment.
- Cancel their appointment. If you allow Customers to cancel their Appointments, this option will be provided for them. It follows the rules you have set for allowing cancellations from the Customer View site. If you require a cancellation reason or have cancellation notifications turned on, it will also trigger the appropriate feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the subscription requirements for this plugin?
- Clients who are subscribed in the Silver, Gold or Platinum tiers may be eligible to use this plugin. Please open a Support ticket to inquire about your account's qualification.
- Will this configuration apply when a Location is sharing configuration settings from the Headquarters Location?
- Once this plugin is enabled for the account, each Location that will need to offer this functionality to their Customers will need to be enabled in the plugin itself. Sharing settings from the Headquarters Location will not apply to this feature.
- Are there any other configuration settings required to use this feature?
- At this time, it is recommended that Customers have usernames and passwords associated with their profile, but it is not required to use this plugin. The system will automatically log the Customer in when managing their own Appointments.
- Why is my Customer unable to update the status of some Appointments?
- Depending on how far in advance your Customers can create Appointments, your Customers may be limited in confirming their Appointment. For example, if you do not allow your Customers to make same day Appointments, they will not be permitted to confirm their Appointment on the same day as the scheduled date. Please open a Support ticket if you have questions about this setting.