What is Connect-Up for Microsoft Outlook®?
Connect-Up for Microsoft Outlook® is the ideal solution for AppointmentPlus® software subscribers who use Outlook as their primary email and office calendaring system. With it, you can sync your AppointmentPlus® Appointments and Reserves with meetings on your Outlook Calendar.
Am I a Fit for Connect-Up for Microsoft Outlook®?
While Connect-Up for Outlook is a powerful time management tool, not every AppointmentPlus user can benefit from it. AppointmentPlus offers much more flexibility than Outlook when it comes to possible scheduling processes, which means there are some AppointmentPlus account configurations that won't accommodate Outlook's more strict scheduling rules. If you're interested in utilizing the Connect-Up for Outlook plugin, you'll want to make sure your AppointmentPlus account configuration is a match before moving forward.
Supported AppointmentPlus Features:
Connect-Up for Outlook is a great way to save time by keeping two calendars up-to-date. With all the benefits of the plugin, there are a few AppointmentPlus features which are not fully supported:
- POS - If you utilize the POS plugin for AppointmentPlus, it's important to note that you cannot accept payments through Outlook
- Packages - If you rely on Packages with AppointmentPlus, note that you cannot create, view, or edit packages from Outlook, or assign them to appointments
- Time Zones - If your Outlook calendar is set to a different time zone than any of the AppointmentPlus location you're assigned to, appointments will not sync properly between the two systems
- Events - Connect-Up for Outlook does not support managing Events within AppointmentPlus
- Recurring Appointments - AppointmentPlus recurring appointment series will sync to Outlook, but cannot be created or managed from within Outlook
- Shared Profiles - If you allow multiple staff members to use the same login credentials (log into the same profile), it's important to note that any appointments with this profile can only be synced to a single Outlook calendar
- Scheduling Outside Availability - If you often schedule outside of your AppointmentPlus availability, some appointments may not sync correctly. Be sure to talk to one of our team members for more info on this subject
If you rely on any of the above items, we recommend speaking with a representative from our team to determine whether Connect-Up for Outlook is a good fit for you.
We've also put together a list of the AppointmentPlus features which will prohibit the use of the Connect-Up for Outlook plugin. If any of the items below are true for your account, two-way sync between AppointmentPlus and Outlook will not (currently) be possible.
My AppointmentPlus Account:
- Has Rooms functionality enabled
- Has MAPTS (Multiple Appointments Per Time Slot) enabled