There are four primary resources that create an Appointment. One of those resources is the Service, which is delivered to the Customer by the Staff Member assigned to the Appointment. In this article, we'll discuss:
- What is a Service?
- Viewing Available Services
- How to Create a New Service
- Editing Service Details or Schedule
The Service is what you offer or deliver to your Customers. In order to schedule an Appointment, you are required to choose a primary Service, as well as a Staff Member and a Customer.
Your business may offer a variety of Services to your Customers. Using the Service form, you are able to provide information to both Staff Members and Customers in order for them to review what they will schedule an Appointment. Additionally, your account may be configured with a different reference term for Service, such as Sessions, Lessons, or Meetings.
There are two types of Services:
- Services - The primary Service for which the Appointment is scheduled, at a set time with duration and a with a specified Staff Member.
- Add-On Services - An Add-On Service is optional and cannot be scheduled without a primary Service.
NOTE: You can create an unlimited number of services and add-on services for each account Location.
For Headquarters or Location Administrators, you may view the list of available Service, the offer or reason for an Appointment, by accessing the Services page from the left navigation.
The Service page provides an overview of all Services or Add-On Services available in the current Location. You can also view the sort order placement, cost (if applicable) and type. If your Location has more than 30 Services, the list will have multiple pages. You can click through each page, search or filter the list of Services in order to manage or edit existing items. Use the search field to find a specific Service or filter by type (primary Service or Add-On Service) to view all items in that category.
Changing the Display Sort Order
The display sort order is set on this page by changing the numeric value in the Sort Order field. This value is used to determine the order in which Customers or Staff Members view the list of available Services when scheduling an Appointment. To change the display order, simply type a new number in the Sort Order field. When you tab or click off the field, the display will update and move the Service to the new desired order. If multiple Services have the same numeric value, the secondary sort will be by alphabetical order.
- Name - This required field is the display name of the Service. Staff Members and Customers will see the title when viewing the list of Services
- Description - Service information that describes what the Customer should expect to receive. Depending on the account's settings, the Description may be read by Customers using the self-service scheduling application, the Customer View.
- Internal Description - Staff Members or other users of the administrative application may need to read specific details about how to offer or deliver the Service. Information contained in this field is not shared with Customers.
- Display this service on customer's view - When enabled, the Service will be available for your Customers to see and for which to self-schedule a future Appointment. Do not check this box if the Service can only be scheduled by your employees or users that log in to the administrative application.
- This is an add-on service - Changes the new Service to be available as an add-on to a primary Service. Add-On Services cannot be booked separately by any users (Customer or Staff Member).
- Cost - Set the default cost associated for the new Service. This may be adjusted when this Service is assigned to specific Staff Members, if you charge a different price depending on the person who fulfills the Service.
- Duration - Use this field to determine the amount of time that is required to conduct the Service. The amount of time can be adjusted for each Staff Member, in case you have some Staff Members that are faster than others.
- Note: If you need a buffer time between services, set your duration for a service to be longer than the service time. For example, if you have a service called "60 minute massage" and you need 15 minutes between appointments, you would set the duration to be 75 minutes.
When you have entered all required and any additional optional information, click Finish and Add New. However, if you want to create a custom schedule, choose to create a custom schedule.
Setting a Custom Service Schedule
For your new Service, you may want to set a custom schedule. Doing this limits the times of day during which an Appointment can be scheduled for this Service. You may set a custom schedule if the Service isn't available at any time your business or facility is open. Maybe you have a limitation on fixed materials or equipment that impacts when a Service can be offered and fufilled for your Customer.
After clicking the create a custom schedule link, you'll view a set of start and end time fields by day of the week. The initial times will be based on the Location's open hours. To customize the schedule, change any of the times as needed to match your business' schedule. You may also set a day to off if the Serivce is unavailable on a full day every week. When you are done, click Save.
From the Service page, you can click on the Service title to access the current details and settings. You may change any of existing details about the current Service. Additionally, you may customize the schedule or set an exception.
For any existing Service, you may edit and modify information for additional languages, similar to Staff Members.
On the Details page, a field for Language is shown. The default selection for this field is English. Any existing field for the Service will initially display the English content. If fields in English are blank, you may enter information in those fields to complete the Service form. Save any changes or, upon switching languages, you'll be prompted to Save and Switch.
To select a different Language, click English and choose another language option. The page will update to display the Service form in the selected language. The fields will initially display with the English information, but you may edit some fields for the selected language.
- Service Name
When you have completed entering information for the current language, Save changes.
Article published March 2, 2018
Supports Single Appointments version - Available on all pricing tiers