What and why did this happened?
Around 3:00pm yesterday, there was a hardware failure at our hosting provider. The necessary servers could not communicate with each other properly, temporarily disabling login access.
What Clients Were affected?
This outage affected all clients.
What did we do about it?
We immediately dedicated all resources to determining the root of the issues. Once we located the hardware failure, we repaired the issue and the symptoms caused by the issue. We signaled the "all clear" to our clients at 10:30 pm January 16th.
What are we doing to prevent further issues:
Although we have many redundancies built in, every system has points of failure. Please know we understand how severely this impact your business and we are continuing to diagnose the root cause of the issue to prevent future incidents.
ISSUE RESOLVED - 1/16/2014 10:30pm MST
- We have restored access to the remaining subset of clients that did not have access during the last update. As mentioned earlier, we will be posting additional FAQs about the incident, but did want to let the remaining subset of clients know access has been restored. Thank you again for your continued patience.
Update - 1/16/2014 8:30pm MST
- At this time we have restored access to a majority of our client base. There is a small subset of clients that are still not able to access their accounts. For these clients, we will continue to update this article and work on resolving the issue as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and will continue to keep you updated. We will update you again at 10:30pm MST. Please note, we will be posting additional FAQs tomorrow for our clients to learn more about the outage. Again, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the disruption.
Update - 1/16/2014 6:15pm MST
- We are aware some clients are still not able to access accounts at this time. We have all resources dedicated to resolving the issue immediately and will continue to provide updates here. We do not currently have a time frame for when the issue will be fixed, but we will update this article again at 8:00 pm MST if not soon should we have any updates. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.
Update - 1/16/2014 4:45pm MST
- As of 4:45 pm Arizona time, access to accounts is being restored. If you are still having issues logging in, please try again shortly.
Update - 1/16/2014 4:15pm MST
- As of 4:15 pm Arizona time, some accounts are still unable to login to AppointmentPlus. There is no additional information we can provide at this time but our engineering team is working to resolve the issue.
Initial Notice - 1/16/2014 3:30pm MST
- We are aware that some of our clients are being logged out of accounts and the system is not allowing them to log back in. We have all resources dedicated to resolving the issue immediately. Once we have more information, we will update this message immediately. We do not currently have a time frame for when this will be fixed, but we will keep updating you as we have information. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue.