Pricing Tier: All
Appointment Version: Single & Multiple
Administrative users can upload their Customer list through Work Requests section of Site Administration. DaySmart Appointments charges a fee for each Excel file uploaded. The file size is limited to 2.097152 MB. If you have any questions about uploads, please open a Support ticket.
To submit an upload request:
- Click the Settings tab, then click the Work Requests link
- Select Customer Upload from the drop-down list
- Click on Browse to select your Excel file
- Enter your payment information
- Click the Submit button
Preparing your Excel file
Step 1: Start by creating a new Excel spreadsheet with a single sheet. If your spreadsheet includes multiple sheets, delete all but one sheet.
Step 2: Enter your Customer data while keeping each field in its own column. For example: first name, last name, address 1, etc. Make sure each column is labeled correctly. They will need to match the field names of the fields listed in the Customer Fields/Terms section of Settings.
NOTE: You can use the following fields as column headings in your spreadsheet. ONLY use the fields that apply to your upload. You DO NOT need to create a column header for each field listed below.
|First Name||Night Phone||Payment Method||Notes|
|Middle Name||Cell Phone||CC Exp Month||Heard Via|
|Last Name||CC Exp Year||Status|
|Address 1||Login||Card Code||Allow to Login In|
|Address 2||Password||Name on Card||Customer Type ID|
|City||Contact Okay||Company||Assigned To|
|Zip||Email Okay||Birth Date||Alert|
|Day Phone||Mail Okay||Gender||Referred By|
If including the Payment Method, Heard Via, Status, Customer Type ID or Assigned To fields in your upload, you will need to include the ID number of an existing data element or profile from your attoun. For example, if using the Assigned To field to assign a Customer to a specific Staff Member, the ID number of the Staff Member must be included in that Customer's row. ID numbers for each of your Staff Members can be found within the Staff Members section of your account. The ID numbers of the other items can be found in the different sections of the Lists tab.
Step 3: Save your file using the Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls) format.
- The file size is limited to 2.097152 MB for each upload. Please separate data into multiple files and submit each file as its own upload request if your original file is larger than 2.097152MB.
- Files must be saved using the Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls) format.
- Data for each Customer should be in the same row.
- Plain text format is required to upload all data fields correctly. Remove all formatting in the file such as formulas, merged cells, and images.
- By default, the uploads will not duplicate Customer names based on the first and last name. If you have many Customer records and possibly have Customers with the same first and last names, please indicate in your work request that you wish to have duplicate Customer records uploaded.