- LAST UPDATED: 9/4/2014
PRICING TIER: Gold
APPOINTMENT VERSION: Single
How to Use Room Sharing
Room sharing allows you to assign appointments to rooms, in addition to staff members. Although the room sharing feature can be used in many different scenarios, it works especially well in situations in which there are fewer rooms than staff members.
Room sharing is enabled via the Rooms section of Preferences. Once it is enabled, you have to set up at least one room. If you don't set up at least one room, no appointments can be made. This is because, by definition, if you are using room sharing, every appointment has to be assigned to a room.
NOTE: Room sharing does not work with the multiple appointments per time slot version of the system.
To add a room:
- Click on the Rooms tab at the top of your Site Administration page
- On the left side, click on the Add New Room link.
- If you plan on using this room immediately, set it to be active
- If you do not want it to be used yet, set it to inactive
- Give the room a name. Customers will never see these names, it is for your staff to see only
- Enter the hours that the room will be available
- Then select the services that will be provided in this room and the days of the week that they will be available in this room
- Lastly, the days off section allows you to close off this room completely on certain days by checking them off on the calendars
Assigning Staff Members to Rooms
- Click on the Staff Members tab at the top of Site Administration
- Click on the name of a staff member that needs to be assigned to a room or rooms
- On the left side of the page, click on the Rooms link
NOTE:All of your rooms will be listed here with check boxes next to them.
- Check the rooms that this staff member is assigned to
In addition to the Rooms tab at the top of your site administration page, your rooms setup and customer view is affected by the rooms preferences. Rooms preferences can be accessed from Site Administration by clicking on the Settings tab and then clicking on the Rooms link on the left side under Preferences. Please carefully review these preferences for your system application.