LAST UPDATED: 7/18/2017
PRICE TIER: All Tiers
APPOINTMENT VERSION: All Versions
The Appointment Report allows users to retrieve Appointment and Customer details in a way that meets a set criteria selected by the user. Specific items, or groups of items, are selected to organize the details in a way that meets the needs of the user.
NOTE: This report is available to Headquarters and Location Administrators and, if enabled in the Settings, Location Users.
You can use the Appointment Report to:
- View Appointment and Customer details in your web browser
- Export Appointment and Customer details to Microsoft Excel
- Print a list of Past and Future Appointments
- Find Appointment details for a specific Staff Member, Service, or Appointment Status
- Track user activity when Appointments are Created, Updated, and Cancelled
- Identify what time slots are still open/available
- Save custom report settings for later use
To access the Appointment Report:
- Click on the Reports tab
- Select the Appointment Report link
The Filter section at the top of the Appointment Report lets you to customize the dates and categories of items the report will include. Some examples of how to use this section are:
- Filter to see the Appointment or Customer details based on a specific item, or all the items in a category.
- Select a specific Staff Member or Service from the drop down lists to only include details about that Staff Member or Service in the report.
- Report on one-years worth of Appointment information based on either Appointment Date or Created Date. If you need to run the report for multiple years, you will need to run a separate report for each year of Appointment history.
- Choose one or more Appointment Status Types to only include details in the report for Appointment associated with those types. This is a great option when you need to see all the Appointments marked as Cancelled or No Show.
NOTE: Your connection may time out resulting in an Internal Server Error message when attempting to run a report with a large amount of data. It might be necessary to limit the date range selected before running the report.
Including Appointment Details
The Appointment Report can be customized to include virtually any details about your Appointments. You can also include most of the details from Customer records, except for the Customer's credit card information.
Setting Option: Users can set Settings > General Preference #8 to Yes to add extra fields in the Include In Report section of the report. Making this change will switch the checkboxes to drop down lists instead, giving you more fields to from. For example, the Status field will only show in the report when using drop downs.
Users can customize the output of the report by setting a header, output view or sorting preference. Additionally, you may name the report if you wish to Save & Run Report the template.
- HTML – View the report as a web page through your internet browser.
- Excel – View the report as a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
Using Saved Report Templates
Saved Report templates makes it easier to run a customized report over and over again without having to select the data to include on the report each time. Once you have configured your report, enter a name for the report and click Save & Run Report, the system will save the template. Returning users can easily select a Saved Report at the top of the page.
Once you select a saved report template, you can customize the date range for which to run the report against. When using a Saved Report, simply click Run Report, otherwise you will save a second copy of the same report template.
If you update the report template and wish to save the changes, you can click Update & Run Report. This will save the new report template configuration over the old one, rather than saving a new copy of the report with the same name.