- LAST UPDATED: 9/26/2016
- PRICE TIER: All Tiers
- APPOINTMENT VERSION: All Versions
The Customer Report is primarily used to access Customer data based on specific criteria selected by the user. Similar to the Appointment Report, the Customer Report can be used to export customer data, however, you cannot use the report to export appointment data.
NOTE: This report is available to Headquarters and Location Administrators and, if enabled in the Settings, Location Users and Call Center Users.
You can use the Customer Report to:
- Export your customer data
- Create a list of a specific type of customers (For example, list customers that have a birthday in April)
- Merge your customer database with a Microsoft Word document to create mailing labels
- Send customer details collected through your AppointmentPlus account to a third party email marketing software, such as Constant Contact.
NOTE: The term "Customer" may be different in your account if changes were made in the "Terms" section of Settings. You might refer to customers as Clients, Patients, or Students for example.
To Access the Customer Report:
- Click on the Reports tab
- Select the Customer Reports link
The Customer Report can be customized to include virtually any details about your customer records with the exception of Credit Card information.
To run the Report:
1. Start by selecting the types of information in the Filter section that will define the customer records included in your report. (For example, you can select April in the Birth Dates drop down to only report on customer records with a birthday in April)
NOTE: Your connection may time out resulting in the error message: “Internal Server Error” when attempting to run a report with a large amount of data. It might be necessary to limit the date range selected before running the report.
2. Select what customer details to include from the Include in Report section (For example, you can choose to only include the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address of each customer record in your report)
NOTE: If you do not select at lease one field in this section, your report results will be blank.
3. Check the Total By option to add a total of the number of customers at the bottom of the report.
4. Select an option from the Sort By drop down list. (For example, you can create an ascending or descending list of customer records based on their Signup Date)
5. Select one of the Format Options to view your results in a specific format.
Users can export the Customer Report via HTML or Excel by selecting one of the Format Options at the bottom of the report. The Customer Report provides Email and Telemarketing options, as well as integrated options for sending mailing lists to email marketing systems.
HTML – Lets you view the report as a web page through your internet browser.
Excel – Lets you view the report as a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
Telemarketing - Select this option to access the telemarketing interface. The interface provides users an easy way to update customer records, and create appointments for each of the leads generated through your customer report.
Constant Contact - Learn more about our Constant Contact integration.
iContact - Learn more about our iContact integration.
MailChimp - Learn more about our MailChimp integration.
Vertical Response - Learn more about our Vertical Response integration.