If a you would like to use PayPal to accept payments from end-users, the following steps must be completed to automatically redirect end-users back to your Customer View after making their payment through PayPal. If the setup steps are not completed accurately, there may be unexpected issues when end-users make their payment.
NOTE: PayPal can only be used to accept payments through the Customer View at this time.
How to enable auto-return for website payments
- Log in to your PayPal account from www.paypal.com. The Business Summary page appears.
- From the "Business Summary" page, select the Profile Link to open the "Business Profile Navigation" window.
- Select the Profile and Settings option from the navigation window.
- Select the My Selling Tools link on the left side of the page.
- Under "Selling Online", click Update on the Website Preference line.
- Under "Auto Return for Website Payments", click the On radio button to enable auto return.
- In the Return URL field, enter: http://appointment-plus.com
- On same page, scroll to the "Payment Data Transfer" section.
- Set the option to On.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Save button.
- Go back into the Website Preferences section by clicking Update. Scroll down to the Payment Data Transfer section. You will see an Identity Token that PayPal has assigned to you. In Site Administration, place that token in the Tran Key field in the Customer Payments section of Preferences for all areas in which you are using PayPal. You can use the Cut/Paste feature in your browser for this.
NOTE: PayPal checks the Return URL that you enter. If the URL is not properly formatted or cannot be validated, PayPal will not activate Auto Return.
If the customer pays via Credit Card, once the payment is completed the customer must click on the "Return to merchant" link to finalize the appointment.
If you would like all your customers to be automatically redirected the PayPal setting Account Optional should be set to Off. (This setting requires all your customers to have a PayPal account)