The system has two types of credit card payment options:
- Real time credit card payments. This can be done from both the customer view (customer self-scheduling) and the Site Administration POS section (your staff member processing a customer credit card).
- Credit card capture for later processing (i.e. prompting for a credit card number to allow for no-show fees). Credit card capture is currently available when scheduling through the Customer View, as well as Site Administration of the AppointmentPlus system.
The system allows you to use both of these options in a secure and PCI-compliant environment. This is accomplished by allowing a direct portal between the system and the applicable merchant gateway banking institution. Whenever credit card entry is required, the system provides a secure page hosted by the selected merchant gateway banking institution. In addition, if you use the credit card capture for later use option, the merchant gateway banking institution converts the credit card number into a unique payment "token" for storage in your system. The "token" can later be used to process payments in the POS section of the system but cannot be used outside the system. Therefore, credit card numbers are not stored in your account, eliminating security risks.
Requirements for Credit Card Processing or Capture
To process credit card payments or to capture credit card information for later use, you must first obtain: (1) an online merchant account and (2) a credit card merchant processor account (known as a gateway) to be able to process credit card payments in any area of the system. We strongly recommend that you allow Payscape, our recommended credit card processing provider, to assist you with setting up the merchant account and gateway services required for credit card processing/capture.
You can fill out an inquiry form, submit a support ticket, or call us and we will have a Payscape representative contact you and guide you through the simple process.
Please also note that if you need to utilize the capture credit card for later use option, Payscape, Merchant Ware (Cayan) is required.
Processing Credit Cards
The system allows for processing payments from customers in the following areas:
- When the customer makes appointments from the customer view.
- When the customer purchases a package from the customer view.
- When the customer buys a gift certificate from the customer view.
- When a POS payment transaction is processed in Site Administration.
Enabling the system to process payments in these areas is done in the Customer Payments section of Preferences.
CLICK: Settings Tab > Customer Payments
PayPal can only be used to accept payments through the Customer View at this time.
Appointment Payment Options
The system provides additional flexibility when prompting customers for payment on the Customer View. These options are found in the Customer Payments section of Preferences.
- Customers can be given the option to pay when they are making the appointment or at the time the service is rendered.
- If you are using the "prompt but don't process" method, normally if a customer already has a credit card number on file, it won't prompt them to enter their credit card information. You can set it so that it always prompts for credit card information, even if the customer already has one on file.
- If you are using events, you can have the system prompt only for services or only prompt for events (or prompt for both).
If a customer needs a credit card refund, you must utilize your gateway account terminal. For example, if your gateway is Merchant Ware, you would log into your Merchant Ware gateway terminal account and process the refund through Merchant Ware.
Credit Card Processors
The processors currently integrated with the AppointmentPlus system are:
|Processor||Currency Options||Credit Card Capture|
|Payscape||USA, Canada, EU, Australia||Yes|
|eWay||Australia, New Zealand||No|
|PayPal||International||No (Customer View payments only)|
|Payscape||Key ID||IPI-Key||not applicable|
|Merchant Warehouse||Site ID||Key||Store Name|
|PayPal||PayPal Login||not applicable||Redirect Token|
|Authorize.net||Login||not applicable||Transaction Key|
|eSelect||Store ID||API Token||Transaction Key|
Credit Card Capture (Prompt but Don't Process)
To use the capture credit card for later use feature, you must utilize the "Prompt but Don't Process" setting on the Customer Payments preferences page. This is only available if you have Merchant Warehouse (Cayan) gateway credentials set up in the POS section of the Customer Payments preferences page.
For example, if you want to prompt and capture a customer's credit card number when a customer self schedules, you will need to do the following:
- In the Appointments section of the Customer Payments page select Prompt but Don't Process.
- In the POS section of the Customer Payments page select Merchant Ware and enter you Merchant Ware credentials. Please contact our support team if you do not have credentials.
When a customer enters a credit card number during the scheduling process, the credit card number will be converted to a secure payment token that you can later use to process payments through the POS system. You must enable POS to use these options.