The system supports two types of credit card payment options:
- Real-time credit card payments: This method is available for Customers (through the Customer View interface) and the Site Administration POS section (your Staff Member processing a Customer credit card).
- Credit card capture for later processing: This method, which supports saving a Customer's credit card token to their profile, is available when scheduling through the Customer View, as well as Site Administration of the AppointmentPlus system. This can be used to charge no-show fees or other fees outside of the Appointment booking process.
The system allows you to use both of these options in a secure and PCI-compliant environment. This is accomplished by allowing a direct portal between the system and the applicable merchant gateway banking institution. Whenever credit card entry is required, the system provides a secure page hosted by the selected merchant gateway banking institution. In addition, if you use the credit card capture for later use option, the merchant gateway banking institution converts the credit card number into a unique payment "token" for storage in your system. The "token" can later be used to process payments in the POS section of the system but cannot be used outside the system. Therefore, credit card numbers are not stored in your account, eliminating security risks.
Requirements for Credit Card Processing or Capture
To process credit card payments or to capture credit card information for later use, you must first obtain: (1) an online merchant account and (2) a credit card merchant processor account (known as a gateway) to be able to process credit card payments in any area of the system. We strongly recommend that you allow any of our supported processing providers (see below for a list) to assist you with setting up the merchant account and gateway services required for credit card processing/capture.
Additionally, you can submit a support ticket from your account, and we will help determine the payment provider appropriate for your business needs.
NOTE: Please also note that if you need to utilize the capture credit card for later use option, Payscape or Cayan is required.
Processing Credit Cards
The system allows for processing payments from Customers in the following areas:
- When the Customer makes Appointments from the Customer View.
- When the Customer purchases a package from the Customer View.
- When the Customer buys a gift certificate from the Customer View.
- When a POS payment transaction is processed in Site Administration.
Enabling the system to process payments in these areas is done in the Customer Payments section of Settings > Customer Payments.
NOTE: PayPal can only be used to accept payments through the Customer View at this time.
Appointment Payment Options
The system provides additional flexibility when prompting Customers for payment on the Customer View. These options are found in the Customer Payments section of Settings.
- Customers can be given the option to pay when they are making the Appointment or at the time the service is rendered.
- If you are using the "prompt but don't process" method, Customer with an existing credit card token on file, it won't prompt them to enter their credit card information. You can set it so that it always prompts for credit card information, even if the Customer already has one on file.
- If you are using Events, you can have the system prompt only for Services, prompt only for Events, or prompt for both types of activities.
If a Customer needs a credit card refund, you must utilize your gateway account terminal. For example, if your gateway is Cayan, you would log into your Cayan gateway terminal account and process the refund through Cayan.
Credit Card Processors
The processors currently integrated with the AppointmentPlus system are:
|Processor||Currency Options||Credit Card Capture|
|PayPal||International||For Customer View Payments only|
|Payscape||USA, Canada, EU, Australia, Great Britain Pounds, Japanese Yen, Swiss Franc, Danish Krone, Hong Kong Dollar, Norwegian Krone, New Zealand Dollar, Swedish Krona, and South African Rand||Yes|
|Cayan||Site ID||Key||Store Name|
|PayPal||PayPal Login||not applicable||Redirect Token|
|Authorize.net||Login||not applicable||Transaction Key|
|Payscape||Key ID||IPI-Key||not applicable|
NOTE: The Tran Key is the term for a Transaction Key for Authorize.net clients. The Tran Key is a unique sequence of numbers and letters that Authorize.net gives to their clients. This key is sent to Authorize.net with any transaction you process to link to your account.
Credit Card Capture (Prompt but Don't Process)
To use the capture credit card for later use feature, you must utilize the "Prompt but Don't Process" setting on the Customer Payments preferences page. This is only available if you have Cayan gateway credentials set up in the POS section of the Customer Payments preferences page.
For example, if you want to prompt and capture a customer's credit card number when a customer self schedules, you will need to do the following:
- In the Appointments section of the Customer Payments page select Prompt but Don't Process.
- In the POS section of the Customer Payments page select Cayan and enter you Cayan credentials. Please contact our support team if you do not have credentials.
When a Customer enters a credit card number during the scheduling process, the credit card number will be converted to a secure payment token that you can later use to process payments through the POS system. You must enable POS to use these options.