- LAST UPDATE: 7/25/2015
- PRICING TIER: All
- APPOINTMENT VERSION: Single & Multiple
How to Enable Recurring Appointments
For users with the Headquarters Administrator access type, you will:
1. Select the Settings tab located at the top right corner of your account.
2. Select the Appointments link within the Preferences List on the left side of the page.
3. Select Yes for Preference #6, and then select the Update.
How to Create Recurring AppointmentsFrom the Appointment grid in Site Administration, click on an open time slot as if you were going to create a regular Appointment. The date and time slot you select should be the first occurrence of the recurring Appointment.
- For a Daily series, choose a number of days to recur between the start and end date.
- For Weekly Appointments, you can choose any days on which to recur.
- For Monthly series, you can recur on a specific date or on an increment of days select the fields as if you were creating a regular appointment.
- A Yearly pattern can enable you to create an Appointment on a specific date each year.
NOTE: Recurring Appointments can only be created via Site Administration; they cannot be created through the Customer View.
TIP: Existing recurring Appointments can be identified by the blue () icon on the Appointment Grid. Clicking on the icon will take you to the Maintenance section for the recurring series of Appointment.
How to Edit Recurring Appointments
- Click on the Appointments tab.
- Click Recurring Appointment Maint on the left menu (under the calendar)
- Select the Appointment series you wish to edit and click on Edit.
- Make your changes and click Update to save. (Change the Appointment Status to "Cancelled" to cancel all Appointments in a recurring series).
NOTE: Any edits or deletions will only affect the recurring future Appointments and not the past Appointments.
How to Delete Recurring Appointments
To completely remove all records of a recurring Appointment from the system (including Appointment reports):
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to schedule Recurring Appointments with more “Recurring Period” options?
Any combination of recurring pattern options are now available. You are not limited to a static list of options in the Weekly pattern type.
Will the system send a Confirmation Email for each Appointment of a recurring series?
No, Customers will only receive a single Appointment Confirmation Email for Recurring Appointments.
Will the system send a Reminder Email for each Appointment of a recurring series?
Yes, the Appointment Reminder Email will be sent for each appointment based on the “Number Of Days” setting you have selected for the Appointment Reminder Email.
Will customers receive a separate Text Message Appointment Reminder for each appointment within a recurring appointment series?
Yes, SMS Appointment Reminders will be sent for each Appointment.
Is it possible to convert an existing “One Time” appointment into a “Recurring” appointment?
No, at the moment it is only possible to create Recurring Appointments when scheduling new Appointments.
Can customers create Recurring Appointments through the Customer View?
No, it is only possible to create Recurring Appointments via Site Administration.