- LAST UPDATED: 9/11/2015
PRICING TIER: Silver & Gold
APPOINTMENT VERSION: Single & Multiple
Action link allow Customers to confirm, cancel, and reschedule their Appointments through a link in their email notifications. Action links will automatically be available for any account (excluding Value Added Reseller accounts) subscribing to the Silver price tier or higher.
Action Links are sent out using plain text emails, therefore, the links might not show as clickable hypertext links if automatic hyperlinking has been disabled. Click Here for more information about how you can verify these settings when using Microsoft Outlook.
NOTE: The Action Link functionality will need to be activated for each email in the "Notifications" section. By default, it is not enabled.
Customers will be provided with a link to do the following:
- View their appointment details
- Confirm their appointment
- Reschedule or cancel their appointment
- Remove their waiting list entry
Action links will be included in the following customer notifications:
- Appointment Confirmation email
- Appointment Change email
- Appointment Reminder email
- Waiting List Confirmation email
How It Works
How to Enable Action Links
- Click the Settings tab
- Select the Notifications link
- Adjust the Action Link Settings as shown below.
You can specify the following settings for the Action Links:
- Show the Action Link
Set this to "Yes" or "No" to enable/disable the link.
- Show the 'Confirm My Appointment' link
Set this to "Yes" if you would like to give your customers the option to confirm their appointment and change the status of their appointment in the system. This setting is not available with the Waiting List Confirmation E-Mail.
- Display text before the link
Enter the text you would like displayed just above the link in the e-mail. Something similar to "Use the link below to view, confirm, or reschedule your appointment." would be appropriate here.
- Return the customer to this URL
You can specify where to send the customer after they have completed one of the actions (confirm, reschedule, cancel). This will send the customer directly to the URL you specify. If you leave this field blank, it will return them to your customer view home page.
IMPORTANT NOTE:if you enable/disable the notification Action Links under either the Appointment Change E-mail, the Appointment Confirmation E-mail or the Appointment Reminder E-mail, it will be enabled/disabled for all three notifications. If you enable/disable the functionality under the Waiting List Confirmation E-mail, it will only affect the Waiting List Confirmation E-mail.
Customer Use of the Email Action Links
After the Action Links are enabled, customers will receive a link within the designated emails. Here's an example of one of the emails:
When customers click on the link provided in their e-mail, they are taken to a page similar to the following:
From this page they can:
- View the details of their appointment
- Confirm their appointment (This will change the status of their appointment from "Scheduled" to "Confirmed")
- Reschedule their appointment (This will cancel the current appointment and take them back to the Customer View site where they can select a new appointment date. All of their selections for staff, service, room, etc. will be pre-selected for them.)
- Cancel their appointment (If you allow customers to cancel their appointments this link will be provided for them. It uses the rules you have set for allowing cancellations from the Customer View site. If you require a cancellation reason or have cancellation notifications turned on, it will also trigger the appropriate feature)
- Remove their waiting list entry
How To Get Started Using Action Links
First, your account must be on the silver or gold tier level. If you are already using the email notifications, simply navigate to your Notifications page and check "Yes" under "Show the Action Links". The Action Links will be included with the notifications immediately.