The strategic relationship between DaySmart Appointments and Constant Contact offers a dynamic new way of creating, distributing and managing your customer e-marketing campaigns and messages. Subscribers have full access to all of Constant Contact’s newsletter templates, email messaging tools, track and reporting features, API's and other features necessary for successful and accurate customer marketing and outreach efforts.
The integration between the two services can help businesses keep their appointment and reservation calendars full with the following benefits:
- Effortlessly pass your DaySmart Appointments Customer lists to Constant Contact and accurately manage your customer lists using Constant Contact's tools. Once uploaded, Constant Contact will automatically manage any "unsubscribed" or "opt-out" email addresses. It also eliminates the need to manage two separate email databases for e-marketing campaigns.
- Quickly add the DaySmart Appointments "Book Now" or "Schedule Now" button to your newsletters, email messages and other e-marketing materials. Make it easier for customers, clients, patients and students to schedule their appointments or book their reservations by allowing them to access your DaySmart Appointments scheduler right from the Constant Contact e-marketing piece. They will not need to manually open a new browser window or type in a URL. They simply click on the "Book Now" or "Schedule Now" button to instantly access your business’s DaySmart Appointments scheduler.
- Easily track customer activity and success with Constant Contact’s analytics tools. You can quickly access such important statistics as the number of opens, the number of click-throughs, bounce rates or the number of unsubscribes. These figures would be difficult—if not almost impossible—to decipher, sort and analyze if done manually.
- Low Cost. Constant Contact offers you tremendous flexibility, functionality and legal compliance for your email marketing and newsletter campaigns, and Constant Contact does all of this at a very low cost. Prices start as low as $15/month.
How to enable the plugin
Constant Contact is a plugin and available from The Marketplace. Access The Marketplace from the link in the header of your administrative view. Select the "Email Marketing" category and click the "Get It Now!" link for the Constant Contact Integration plugin. Select if you want Constant Contact for All Locations or just the Headquarters Location and then select the "Enable" button.
From the plugin integration page, you are also presented with a Settings tab where you are able to complete the setup by adding your Constant Contact login credentials. If you haven't created a Constant Contact account, you will be directed to a signup page.
How to access Constant Contact from DaySmart Appointments
After enabling the Constant Contact plugin, you will be able to access it from the Reports tab. Click on the Customer Report link on left and it will take you to the Customer Reports template. The Constant Contact logo will appear on the bottom of the page under the Format Options heading. To run the report, and upload your email mailing list into your Constant Contact account, select the Constant Contact radio button and click Run Report.
Linking Constant Contact with DaySmart Appointments
The system will prompt you for your Constant Contact account information the first time you run the report and select the Constant Contact format option if you haven't already completed it in the Settings tab of the Constant Contact Integration page in The Marketplace. If you don’t have an existing Constant Contact account, you will have the option to sign up for a trial account.
Once you have your Constant Contact account set up, you can enter your login credentials from the Export Customer Data to Constant Contact List page.
After entering your Constant Contact username and password, you can then export your Customer data (name, email address and phone number) to your Constant Contact account.
Uploading a customer list
Once the Customer Report is run, a predefined report of the following information will be exported:
- Customer first names
- Customer last names
- Customer email addresses
- Customer phone numbers
These are the only fields you can export to your Constant Contact account. Once you run the report, you will be able to review the customer list and then decide if you would like to export it to your account.
From the export page, you will be able to review the details of the export and set up your Constant Contact list. Here's a list of the options available to you:
Confirm import list
Click on the Show List button to display the list of customers with an email address to be exported.
Merge with an existing list
When selecting the Select existing list button, a drop-down list will appear with your current Constant Contact email lists. Select the list you would like to merge the current customer export with and then select the Export List button.
Create a new Constant Contact list
When selecting the Create a new Constant Contact list button, you will be able to enter a new email list name in the text box provided. Enter your list name and then select the Export List button.
NOTE: When adding a new contact list or merging into an existing contact list, only unique contacts (based on email address) will be added.
After initiating a new contact list or merging into an existing list, you will be prompted with a successful message. The number of unique contacts will be listed along with the contact mailing list they were entered in and the next steps you can take. You will be able to go to your Constant Contact account, use your Customer View link for your Constant Contact newsletter, or close the window.
Adding a Book Now button to E-Marketing materials
Adding a Book Now button to your emails is easy. After you have created a new email list or merged your Customer data into an existing list, you have the option of adding a button or link to your Constant Contact newsletter.
By selecting: Use my Customer View link with a Constant Contact newsletter, you will be shown your Customer View Preview link. Copy and paste the link anywhere on your Constant Contact newsletter as a link or associated with a "Book Now" button.
Disabling the Plugin
If you decide that you no longer want to use this feature, you can return to the Marketplace and remove the plugin from any or all Locations.
- Click Marketplace.
- In the left-hand column, find the plugin.
- On the plugin’s first tab, click the Locations drop-down field.
- Uncheck individual Locations or click None.
- Click Update.