The AppointmentPlus Compensation Calculator automatically calculates compensation based on either a percentage or a flat rate. Compensation rates can be added for each Service that a user offers. The Compensation Calculator makes it easy to calculate compensation/commission with a built-in report.
You can use the plugin to:
- Automatically calculate compensation based on a specified percentage or flat-rate.
- Create robust compensation reports.
- Eliminate the hassle of trying to manually manage your Staff Members' compensation.
- Compensation rates can only be applied to Services and cannot be applied to Events.
- The compensation rate is not automatically applied to Appointments with start dates before the date the rate was changed.
- The report is only available for users with the access type of Headquarters Administrator or Location Administrator.
- The compensation rate does not multiply when using the Number in Group feature.
How to Enable the Plugin
- Click The Marketplace link.
- Select the Staff and Customer Management.
- Under Compensation Calculator click Enable.
- Check at least one location from the Select Locations drop-down field.
- Click the Enable button.
How it Works
The Compensation Calculator is easy to set up and has no preference settings. The only setup you will need to do in your account is to update your Service and Staff Member profiles.
The compensation rate will begin once a rate is entered for a Staff Member. The rate will only be applied to Appointments that are scheduled for the same date the rate was entered and in the future. If you need to change the rate or even the compensation type, the date of the change will be saved.
- Compensation Calculator is enabled and a flat rate of $10 is enabled for each Staff Member on 10/20/2011.
- All Appointments scheduled for 10/20/2011 and after will be assigned a compensation rate.
- On 11/1/2011, the compensation rate for each Staff Member is changed to 8%.
- All Appointments from 10/20/2011 to 10/31/2011 will be calculated with a $10 compensation rate, while all Appointments from 11/1/2011 and beyond will have an 8% compensation rate.
For each Service, you will need to go into each profile and add the Compensation Type and Rate. When adding or updating this information, you will also be able to indicate if you want to update the compensation for Staff Members offering the Service. The compensation settings located below the Cost field within the Service profile.
Note: A percentage compensation type is not available for services with a $0 cost. Also, while using the percentage compensation type, the compensation will be based off the default Service price assigned to the Service.
For each user, you can keep the same compensation rate you set up within the Service profile, or you can customize it for each individual. To customize the compensation rate, go into a user profile, and select the Services Offered link. Within the Services offered page, you will notice the Compensation Rate between the days offered and cost.
Reporting on Compensation
The Compensation Report can be found in the Reports tab. From the Compensation Report, you will be able to create a report based on Location, Staff Member, Service, Dates, and Appointment Status types. You can export the report via HTML or Excel format.