One of the issues we experienced as a result of the March 11/12, 2017 release was that reminder emails were impacted. After the release, the program to send reminders was not working properly.
The issue was subsequently resolved and reminders resumed being sent out on March 17, 2017.
If your account settings provide for reminders to be sent one day before the appointment, customers with appointments on March 18 would have received reminders.
If your settings have reminders going out two days before customers’ appointments, customers with appointments on March 19 would have gotten their reminders.
The same pattern applies to clients who have reminders going out farther in advance.
It’s important to note, however, that any reminders that should have gone out between when the issue occurred and when it was resolved are not able to be sent.
If you are concerned about the impact of this on upcoming appointments, you can enable the “Continue to send reminder email every day prior to appointment” setting within the “Appointment Reminders E-mail” section of your account.
This will result in customers with future appointments receiving an email reminder every day up to their appointment date.
To change this setting, do the following:
- In your account, click on the Settings tab.
- On the left side, click on the Notifications link.
- Click the Appointment Reminder E-mail link (remember, if you use a term other than “appointment,” the link will utilize your terminology).
- Find the Continue to send reminder email every day prior to appointment setting at the top.
- Set it to “yes”.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the <update> button.
That’s it. Any customers with future appointments will start receiving reminders every day until their appointment date.
You can always enable this setting for a period of time to catch up on reminders, then disable it.